Wednesday, February 25, 2015

New York times newspapers

Exchanging Sword for Pen, Rodriguez Apologizes to Yankees and Fans
By DAVID WALDSTEINFEB. 17, 2015
TAMPA, Fla. — Preparing to make a highly scrutinized return to baseball after a long suspension for drug use, Alex Rodriguez issued a brief, handwritten statement on Tuesday afternoon to say he was sorry for his behavior.
It was Rodriguez’s first public comment on the matter since he issued a defiant statement in January 2014, the day his suspension went into effect. Back then, he said the charges against him were false. Thirteen months later, writing in cursive in an apparent attempt to add a personal touch, Rodriguez demonstrated some contrition.
While not directly admitting to the use of performance-enhancing drugs, the matter at the heart of his suspension, he tacitly acknowledged that the record 162-game penalty against him had been warranted and said that the misdeeds had been his own.
began. “I take full responsibility for the mistakes that led to my suspension for the 2014 season. I regret that my actions made the situation worse than it needed to be. To Major League Baseball, the Yankees, the Steinbrenner family, the players association and you, the fans, I can only say I’m sorry.
 
By: Amanda 3°B and Diego 3°A

No comments:

Post a Comment